Fairbanks Elementary School Uniform Policy
In order to promote a positive learning environment and comply with the provisions of the safe and violence-free school initiative and counteract the influence of gang presence in the community and equalize the effect of different family income levels the School Site Council (SSC) has established the following School Uniform Policy.
Students in Grades Preschool to 6th enrolled at the Fairbanks Elementary School in the Twin Rivers Unified School District are expected to adhere to the following Dress Code:
- Tops - Students will wear pull-over, buttoned, or plain white or blue tops (any blue color). Plain white or blue or school t-shirts or sweatshirts are also acceptable. No logos other than the school logo will be allowed. Collared shirts are not required. No spaghetti straps, cropped shirts, tank tops or short shirts allowed.
- Bottoms - Students will be allowed to wear navy blue pants, shorts, jumpers, and skirts provided they are knee-length and contain no logos.
- Belts are to be worn at proper length within belt loops.
- Plain (no decorations) dark blue jeans are acceptable.
Saggy, baggy or jeans with holes will not be tolerated. More than two sizes bigger than student are too big. No clothing is allowed to drag on the ground.
- Athletic clothing is not allowed.
- Red clothes are not allowed.
- Red outerwear (jackets, coats, sweaters, hats) are not allowed.
- Hats are not to be worn inside of school buildings.
- Shoes - Students will wear black, white, or blue footwear. No red shoes are allowed.
Sandals, flip flops and slippers are not allowed.
The expectation of the policy is for all students to adhere to the Dress Code. Parents /Guardians are expected to support the Uniform Policy.